If you have ever irritated while copying files from one hard-disk to another or from flash drive to hard-disk or vice-versa then Teracopy can be the best solution. “How this is different from the tradition copy solution already provided in windows” I know this is one of the first question which will flash in your mind. Look at the description provided below and you will know why it not actually faster but there are several other feature you would love to use:
- Copy files faster. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
- Pause and resume file transfers. Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
- Error recovery. In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skip the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
- Interactive file list. TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
- Shell integration. TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
- Full Unicode support.
- Windows 7 x64 support.
Today I have just tested it with a set of 5000 files in a zip archive and another using separately located in a folder from flash drive to hard-disk and vice-versa. With Zip archive it was just a blink of an eye and in another situation the whole process took only 2 minute to complete, which normally takes 5to 7 minutes.
I have just found it very useful and I hope it would be so for you also. Go for a download from the link or more info here